Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Canuck Specials

Today is going to be a double blog on Canucks specials. First, I'll show you the cover of the 2 videos given to Canucks season ticket holders (2003-04, 2004-05). I'll also add a link to a series of the chapters of the entire first video.

CANUCKS VIDEOS (3 DISCS)

These videos represent one key word to not only Canucks fans, but hockey fans in general. That word is passion. It shows the heart and desire to win and succeed from past and current Canucks players. Take a look at this first video, and I encourage you to take a look at the rest of the videos kind enough to be posted by 16diana39.

Speaking about passion, let's take a look at the most passionate Canucks player to live - Trevor Linden. I had the privilege of going to his final game, the score wasn't pretty, it was a blowout. But not a single one of the 18,500+ fans inside had a problem with it. The roar from the crowd was unlike any cheer I had heard up to that game. Unfortunately, it was another Canucks final game. I had blogged about Luc Bourdon a few days ago, but it's astonishing to think that everybody at that time was oblivious to the fact that this would be his last NHL game. Just goes to show us how lucky we are that nothing has happened to ourselves. Anyways, the reason I'm saying this is because unknowingly I took this picture; this really speaks louder than words.  


I apologize for the blurriness of the picture, I used a dinky little camera. But still, for me this picture is really cool yet still very somber. We see Linden concentrating with his head down, bracing himself for his last outing. Then we see Bourdon mentally prepared and well aware that people are watching his play, critiquing it for seasons to come. This puts goosebumps on my arms, R.I.P Luc Bourdon.

GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment