Saturday, January 8, 2011

THE GOALIE PROJECT - LUONGO (Part 1)

I've decided to start a new project that includes collecting at least one card from each Canucks goalie. My hopes are to get a rookie card, a card in a Canucks jersey, and maybe a card of him wearing a different teams jersey (if available). Since my computer only let one scan go through I'm going to show Roberto Luongo rookie card today.

ROBERTO LUONGO
1999-00 SP AUTHENTIC

This is the only RC of Luongo I own, and it's from the 1999-00 SP Authentic set which I have just recently completed (the base cards). I like the picture because it shows the side of Lui's pads and his mask staring you down. The scan does not compliment the card well, as I think this set looks really sharp!

Here is the list of all Canucks goalies...


Alex Auld
Murray Bannerman
Martin Brochu 
Richard Brodeur
Gary Bromley 
Bruce Bullock
Sean Burke 
Frank Caprice
Jacques Caron 
Dan Cloutier
Ed Dyck 
Ken Ellacott
Bob Essensa
Mike Fountain
Troy Gamble
George Gardner
John Garrett 
Glen Hanlon
Johan Hedberg
Rick Heinz 
Corey Hirsch
Charlie Hodge
Arturs Irbe
Jason LaBarbera
Ken Lockett
Roberto Luongo
Drew MacIntyre 
Cesare Maniago
Bob Mason
Dave McClelland 
Steve McKichan
Kirk McLean
Rob McVicar
Alfie Michaud
Tyler Moss 
Mika Noronen 
Maxime Ouellet 
FĂ©lix Potvin
Andrew Raycroft
Curt Ridley
Dany Sabourin
Curtis Sanford
Cory Schneider
Corey Schwab
Petr Skudra
Gary Smith 
Garth Snow
Kevin Weekes
Steve Weeks
Kay Whitmore
Dunc Wilson
Wendell Young

So there it is, once I get the rest of Luongo's cards up, I'll cross him off the list! Should be
exciting to collect!

GO NUCKS GO! 
  




7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to go through my goalie cards and yank some of these for you. I'm sure I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really?!! That would be super cool of you thanks so much!! I'll be sure to return the favor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or instead if you could trash my comment, it would be appreciated. It's the little trash can icon to the left of the date and time of the comment.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My project is collecting at least one card of every player who played at least one game with the Canucks.

    Have you had any luck finding a card of Bruce Bullock?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting...I originally thought of that too. I reconsidered and figured I would start on a more reasonable scale. Once I complete this project, I might copy your idea and do the same. I'll looke through my cards to see if I have any Bullock cards. Btw, do u have a blog? If you do I wouldnt mind checking it out!

    Thanks for the visit! Make sure to follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michael. I'm sure I could assist with some Canucks goalies. Send me your address and I can send them out. t n parish 1 at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete