Sunday, February 6, 2011

CRAZY CARDS - 2006-07 BAP SIGNATURES RYAN MALONE

After a confusing day in the blogging world for me, I get back into the hobby. Since it is Super bowl Sunday and my dad has been a long time Steelers fan, I figured I might as well showcase a card from the NHL equivalent Pittsburgh team. I picked up this card in the 2007-08 season when Malone had his most successful season in the NHL with 51 points. Check it...

2006-07 BAP SIGNATURES
RYAN MALONE

I originally purchased this card in a 4 buck bin at a local shop, I had only bought the card to trade to one of my friends who was a big Malone fan. The trade never worked out so I kept the card in my signatures tin and never really looked back. 

I had originally bought the card in a screw down case and until I scanned it today I had never actually held the card in my hand. I figured out why it was in a screw down, they obviously didn't want me knowing how thin the card stock on this thing is. 

The icey blue outer border matches well with the brownish/gold design on the bottom and lines. The BAP SIGNATURES is placed fine at the top, although I'm a strong believer that the players name should be better advertised than the product. You have to squint to see what team he plays for, so the team name would be better appreciated in a larger font. 

I'm not horrified by the front of the card, but I'm not completely crazy about it. What is horrific about the card is the signature. That blob doesn't not spell out Ryan nor does it spell out Malone. I really don't understand why NHL players wouldn't take 5 minutes max out of one of the 365 days of the year to make a decent signature. Don't they know they are going to be signing literally thousands of sigs in their life? At least make a half decent effort!

Michael's Rating: 7/10

GO STEELERS GO!
GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment