Monday, February 21, 2011

McD's Holograms + THE GOALIE PROJECT - Andrew Raycroft (Part 1)

First off, I have to give a huge thanks over to Sal at PuckJunk.com for the neat participation prize from his All-Star Contest. Take a look at the ol' holograms...never get's old!


Thanks Sal! 

it's time to put up my many cards for my goalie project. It would be way to difficult to sift through each season worth of cards to find a single goalie. So these are some cards that I pulled out from my recent memory:


Those complete the Raycroft cards in other teams jerseys. I had a 2005 McDonalds card that I forgot to scan, so just go ahead and try and envision that in your noggin. BUT, I have found myself in sort of a pickle. Take a look at the next card before I explain.


Here is an Andrew Raycroft card that has his stats from three previous seasons:


So even though this card shows three years of stats, Raycroft has only played 21 games and is still eligible for the Calder. So even though this card is not an official rookie, if the time of the card puts the player eligible for the Calder do I count it as a rookie? Or instead do I go out and find that real rookie card? This could potentially change the entire project. If I accept it, my Schneider cards will be complete and this is the case for many other rookies. 

My decision: No. This won't count as a rookie. I'm going to roll with the "Go Big or Go Home" mentality. If you feel otherwise please don't hesitate to say why with a comment. 

With these cards, I've completed 1/3 Raycroft cards. I still need a REAL rookie and a Canucks card Raycroft. Here is where I'm at:

Alex Auld
Murray Bannerman
Martin Brochu
Richard Brodeur
Gary Bromley
Bruce Bullock
Sean Burke
Frank Caprice
Jacques Caron
Dan Cloutier
Ed Dyck
Ken Ellacott
Bob Essensa
Mike Fountain
Troy Gamble
George Gardner
John Garrett
Glen Hanlon
Johan Hedberg
Rick Heinz
Corey Hirsch
Charlie Hodge
Arturs Irbe
Jason LaBarbera
Ken Lockett
Roberto Luongo - 3/3 COMPLETE! 35 TOTAL
Drew MacIntyre
Cesare Maniago
Bob Mason
Dave McClelland
Steve McKichan
Kirk McLean
Rob McVicar - 1/1 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Alfie Michaud
Tyler Moss
Mika Noronen
Maxime Ouellet
FĂ©lix Potvin
Andrew Raycroft - 1/3 COMPLETE! 6 TOTAL
Curt Ridley
Dany Sabourin
Curtis Sanford
Cory Schneider - 1/2 COMPLETE! 5 TOTAL!
Corey Schwab
Petr Skudra
Gary Smith
Garth Snow
Kevin Weekes
Steve Weeks
Kay Whitmore
Dunc Wilson
Wendell Young

GO NUCKS GO!

1 comment:

  1. I think you made the right call with going for legit "rookie" cards.

    ReplyDelete