Sunday, February 13, 2011

PACK BY PACK - 2010-11 SCORE (Packs 3-11) Oops?

I'm sick and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep so I thought I might reward myself with opening my 2 packs of Score this morning. The problem is that I have no self control. Putting a box of unopened cards in front of me is like putting cake in front of an obese child. I got quite a few base cards I didn't have before and I was also able to grab myself a card from my favorite insert of the set. Nine packs opened today brings me to a total of 11 opened, that means I have 25 left. I'm thinking 5 packs a day over the next 5 days.

PACK 1


Glossy parallel is the Grabovski card.


FAVORITE CARD - MATT GREENE (BASE) - It's a Toews sandwich!

PACK 2



All seven cards were base cards in this pack and the Kunitz card above is the glossy card.

FAVORITE CARD - BRYCE SALVADOR (BASE) - Love the retro Devils sweaters.

PACK 3



Pulled my first Canucks card in Ryan Kesler (which I already own), but I'm very happy with the Stamkos card! I know have 4 out of the 5 Superstars of the NHL from this set. I have Crosby, Stamkos, and both Sedins, Ovie is the only one remaining.

FAVORITE CARD - STEVEN STAMKOS (BASE)  - If not for his great stats, then for the crazy flex in his stick.
PACK 4



I have no clue who Scott Jackson is, but what I do know is that I've gotten one of his cards in all 3 boxes of Score I've opened.

FAVORITE CARD - DOUG WEIGHT (BASE) - Solid hit by Mr. Weight. 

PACK 5



Cool! I got a Sbisa card! Plus my second Canucks card is the only Canuck Hot Rookies of this set. I already have his card from a trade I did a while back, but nonetheless I'll take another.

FAVORITE CARD - EVAN OBERG (HOT ROOKIES) - You know why...

PACK 6



I'm a big fan of Zetterberg and I would take his card any day. Plus a Tyler Ennis rookie, he seems to score a lot more on my Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 11 then he does in real life.

FAVORITE CARD - JAMES SHEPPARD (BASE) - It was between Marleau's snow shower or Sheppard. I picked James' card because I'm a fan of any card where Kane is scrambling down on the ice after a hit.

PACK 7


Quite a few horizontal cards in this pack. Unfortunately, Panini doesn't know how to make a good horizontal card. That's one little drop of rain on my Score parade.

FAVORITE CARD - HENRIK LUNDQVIST (BASE) - Love this photo, King Henrick standing tall threw a crowd. Why don't they take these pictures more often?

PACK 8



A "filler" pack for me, this pack just basically contains a few cards I need to complete the set.

FAVORITE CARD - ERIC FEHR (BASE) - Always a fan of the cards that show a hit on them.

PACK 9



Definitely my favorite pack of the bunch, it got me another card closer to completing my favorite insert; Net Cam. This net cams card has a sprawling Carey Price on it.  Great card to pull after Carey's shutout against the Leafs last night.

FAVORITE CARD - CAREY PRICE (NET CAM)

UPDATED:
BASE CARDS (1-500) - 483 including glossy parallel (20 Canucks)
HOT ROOKIES (501-560) - 51 including glossy parallel (2 Canuck)
FRANCHISE - 2
PLAY-OFF HEROES - 14
SUDDEN DEATH - 3
NET CAM - 7
SNOGLOBE - 2 (1 Canuck)

TOTAL - 562 (23 Canucks)
REMAINING: 25 PACKS (175 CARDS) 

GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment