Monday, February 14, 2011

PACK BY PACK (CASE HIT!) - 2010-11 SCORE (Packs 12-36)

Well I just couldn't resist, I ripped the rest of the packs from this box. I have to say before I handle the pack by pack, that Score Hockey has been a good product for me these past 3 boxes. Let's take a look...

PACK 12


FAVORITE CARD - MIKAEL SAMUELSSON (BASE) 
I have to go with one of the hottest hands in the NHL lately; Mikael has 7 goals and 7 assists in his past 8 games! I shake my head every time I see anything Kessel. The man has to pick it up. 

PACK 13


FAVORITE CARD - MATT DUCHENE (RC) (BASE)
I picked up two Hot Rookies in this pack, but that definitely was not the best rookie in the pack. Matt takes this card and that should be no surprise. 

PACK 14


FAVORITE CARD - RADEK DVORAK (BASE)
There is stick flex and there is the retro Florida jersey, what more do you need?

PACK 15


FAVORITE CARD - OSCAR MOLLAR (BASE)
I'm a sucker for any card that shows stick flex, and in this case I don't mind the overhead shot. Geez! Another Kessel card? I didn't want the normal card and now I have his glossy parallel! Is there any justice?

PACK 16


FAVORITE CARD - VICTOR HEDMAN (BASE)
Great young d-man, why not have him as my favorite? This is also the one and only pack where I pulled my one and only "Franchise" insert of the box. 

PACK 17

 
FAVORITE CARD - DUSTIN TOKARSKI (HOT ROOKIES)
One of the very few cool shots from the Hot Rookies cards.

PACK 18


FAVORITE CARD - JONATHAN TOEWS (BASE)
Great player, and a great photo. Toews looking down against Boucher with the subtle snow shower at the bottom. Top Notch.

PACK 19


FAVORITE CARDS - ANTI NIEMI (BASE)
Nice side shot of the Sharks tender.

PACK 20


FAVORITE CARD - DUSTIN BYFUGLIEN (PLAYOFF HEROES)
I speak for 99% of Canucks fans when I say I hate this guy. But there is no doubt that this guy was a beast for Chicago in the Playoffs. Thank goodness he's in the Eastern Conference. 

PACK 21


FAVORITE CARD - BOSTON BRUINS (SEASON HIGHLIGHT)
Any card that has even a statue of Bobby Orr will be on my favorite list.

PACK 22


FAVORITE CARD - MATT COOKE (BASE)
Former Canuck, present headshot master? A guy everybody loves to hate; Cookie Monster. Not much to write home about in this pack.

PACK 23


FAVORITE CARD - ALEX OVECHKIN (SNOGLOBE)
This was an easy decision. The Snoglobe insert is put in at a rate of 1 per box, and the one I get is Ovie 8. 

PACK 24


FAVORITE CARD - BRIAN ELLIOT (BASE)

PACK 25


FAVORITE CARD - JONAS GUSTAVSSON (NETCAM)
Another Net Cams insert and this goes directly to my favorite card.

PACK 26


FAVORITE CARD - JAMES NEAL (20TH ANNIVERSARY PARALLEL)
20th Anniversary parallels come 1 or 2 a box. This is my only one, and it comes from the James Neal variety.

PACK 27


FAVORITE CARD - JONAS HILLER (BASE)
Great save Hiller! Or not?

PACK 28


FAVORITE CARD - STEVE MASON (BASE)
Overhead shot of Mr. Mason don't look too bad.

PACK 29


FAVORITE CARD - DMITRY KULIKOV (BASE)
Another Panthers alternate jersey...

PACK 30


FAVORITE CARD - TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING (SEASON HIGHLIGHT)
The photographer did a good job of framing this shot. Stamkos' face is framed between Lecavalier and Ohlund's body.

PACK 31


If you are looking for the case hit I was talking about in the title, pack 31 is the lucky pack.


Michael's Rating: 8

FAVORITE CARD - BOBBY BUTLER (SIGNED) (HOT ROOKIES)
Wow! Like I said before, Score has been good to me. In three boxes I've managed to pull 2 AUTO's! Signed cards are suppose to come at a rate of 1 every 20 boxes. So, that's pretty cool I beat the odd's twice. For my other signed Score card look here. Bobby has played 10 games this season for the Sens and has 1 goal and 1 assist. His signature says "Bobby But" but I assure you his last name is Butler.

PACK 32



FAVORITE CARD - P.K. SUBBAN (HOT ROOKIES)
Kadri and a Subban rookie! I have both these cards already but I'll take doubles of them easy.

PACK 33


FAVORITE CARD - ROBYN REGHR (BASE)
Wrist shot!

PACK 34


FAVORITE CARD - MARK STUART (BASE)
Only a couple cards can beat out the Net Cam insert, and when a photographer can make a 6'2'' man look 4'11'' in a photo I'll take it.

PACK 35


FAVORITE CARD - ALEXEI PONIKAROVSKI (BASE)
He shoots, he scores!

PACK 36 


FAVORITE CARD - TYLER PLANTE (BASE)
Can't be that smile...

Finally the rundown:
BASE CARDS (1-500) - 634 including glossy parallel and 20th Anniversary (24 Canucks)
HOT ROOKIES (501-560) - 65 including glossy parallel (2 Canuck)
FRANCHISE - 3
PLAY-OFF HEROES - 18
SUDDEN DEATH - 3
NET CAM - 9
SNOGLOBE - 3 (1 Canuck)
AUTO'S - 2

TOTAL - 737 (27 Canucks)

I'm very happy with the box and especially the Rookie Auto! I'll post up my missing base cards later...but for now

GO NUCKS GO! 

2 comments:

  1. Weird that they used the same Burrows shot for his regular card and the season highlight card.

    Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya they did that for the other season highlight and Luongo cards...poor choice IMO

    Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete