Friday, February 18, 2011

QUAD PACK RIP + THE GOALIE PROJECT - Corey Schneider (Part 2)

Went to my local London Drugs and decided to pick up a few packs. Here's how I did:

2007-08 UD Series 2

Nagy, Van Ryn, Iginla

This is really weird, why do the cards not have the players name or UD logo in the top right hand corner? Is this some sort of Series 2 parallel or just a boo boo?


A current Canuck in a Nashville jersey. One of the Canucks many injured d-men. Get well soon Dan!


This is such a cool photo it almost looks fake. All three players stopping at the same time, all looking the same direction and I spy with my little eye...Sidney Crosby. Sick photography!

2010-11 Donruss


Nine base cards...and a Tough Times card! Woot woot! Although he's most famous for his career in Calgary, he did play 4 seasons with the Canucks. Most memorably the 1994 playoffs. 


2008-09 O-Pee-Chee



Five base cards, and one snazzy retro Coburn card.

2010-11 O-Pee-Chee


I'm pretty happy with my first look at this years OPC set. The thing I love about OPC is the huge base set, and the challenge of collecting them. Score is similar with their 500 base plus 50 Hot Rookies. As for the design of this year's OPC set versus years past, I say, not bad. They take away a lot of the photo with the design but I can't complain too much. Here is my Marquee Legend's card:


This pack gave me my only (true) Canucks card, and this where the Goalie project comes in:


This is not gonna count as a RC, so my hunt will continue for Scneids.

Update:
Alex Auld
Murray Bannerman
Martin Brochu
Richard Brodeur
Gary Bromley
Bruce Bullock
Sean Burke
Frank Caprice
Jacques Caron
Dan Cloutier
Ed Dyck
Ken Ellacott
Bob Essensa
Mike Fountain
Troy Gamble
George Gardner
John Garrett
Glen Hanlon
Johan Hedberg
Rick Heinz
Corey Hirsch
Charlie Hodge
Arturs Irbe
Jason LaBarbera
Ken Lockett
Roberto Luongo - 3/3 COMPLETE! 35 TOTAL
Drew MacIntyre
Cesare Maniago
Bob Mason
Dave McClelland
Steve McKichan
Kirk McLean
Rob McVicar - 1/1 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Alfie Michaud
Tyler Moss
Mika Noronen
Maxime Ouellet
FĂ©lix Potvin
Andrew Raycroft
Curt Ridley
Dany Sabourin
Curtis Sanford
Cory Schneider - 1/2 COMPLETE! 5 TOTAL!
Corey Schwab
Petr Skudra
Gary Smith
Garth Snow
Kevin Weekes
Steve Weeks
Kay Whitmore
Dunc Wilson
Wendell Young


GO NUCKS GO!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe UD felt guilty for Recchi's rookie card from the nineties, and decided to make an amendment. This will definitely be on my wanted list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card where he sitting on his butt? Haha ya that's pretty brutal. But the back is of him taking a slap-shot, why didn't they just put that on the front?

    ReplyDelete