Friday, April 29, 2011

ROUND 2 PREDICTIONS

After almost going to the hospital because of a heart attack after watching game 7 of the Blackhawks and Canucks game, I look forward at what lies ahead. I won't go into great detail about the game or series but all I can say is that I am relieved more than I am confident. The calls of the game winning goals went like this:

Jim Hughson: "They have finally slayed the dragon"
John Shorthouse: "It's a great day for an exorcism"
My call goes more like this: "The Canucks win by the hair on their chinny chin chins"

I'm no play-by-play announcer but that is the more accurate description of what happened in this series up to game 6. It was the Canucks game in game 7 but the Canucks didn't finish the Hawks off when they were up 1-0 and left it to Toews to push the game to OT. If it wasn't for that huge save by Luongo on Sharp, Burrows would have never had the opportunity to drill a rolling puck behind Crawford.

As for my actual predictions, well I screwed up on my second round originals so I have to redo them. I forgot how the play-offs work and that the first seed always plays last etc. in all rounds not just the first. Silly me!

Fortunately, my round 1 predictions are in tact. So I'm doing a recap/predictions like Sal did over at Puck Junk. Let's see how I did:

Washington v New York Rangers
Prediction: Caps in 6
Real Life: Caps in 4
1 for 1

Philadelphia v Buffalo
Prediction: Philly in 7
Real Life: Philly in 7
2 for 2

Boston v Montreal
Prediction : Bruins in 6
Real Life: Bruins in 7
3 for 3

Tampa Bay v Pittsburgh
Prediction: Tampa in 7
Real Life: Tampa in 7
4 for 4

Vancouver v Chicago 
Prediction: Canucks in 6
Real Life: Canucks in 7
5 for 5

San Jose v Los Angeles
Prediction: Sharks in 5
Real Life: Sharks in 6
6 for 6

Detroit v Phoenix
Prediction: Detroit in 6
Real Life: Detroit in 4
7 for 7

Anaheim v Nashville
Prediction: Anaheim in 7
Real Life: Nashville in 6
7 for 8

HOLY SH*T! I almost went 8 for 8! Sweeet! I also got 2 out of the 8 dead on (that means including the correct number of games.) Don't believe me? Check the LINK. Too bad my second round predictions are all screwed up, so I'm doing it again. 

Vancouver v Nashville
Prediction: Nucks in 5

San Jose v Red Wings
Prediction: Wings in 7

Washington v Tampa Bay
Prediction: Caps in 6

Philly v Boston
Prediction: Philly in 7

GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment