Sunday, April 10, 2011

TEAM SIGNED CANUCKS JERSEY - BEST OBJECT IN MY ENTIRE COLLECTION!!!!

All I can say is WOW! One word, over and over again - WOW! I'm not going to beat around the bush, if you read the title of this post than you know why I'm in so much shock. This jersey comes with an even greater story, believe me! But first let's take a look at this piece of art...




I encourage you to click and enlarge that photo because this jersey is an absolute beauty. I'm pretty sure I have all the signatures pegged to the players but I'm unsure on a few here's how I see it:

Henrick Sedin, Alex Burrows, Alex Edler, Chris Higgins
Raffi Torres, Christian Erhoff, Kevin Bieksa
Daniel Sedin, Roberto Luongo, Sami Salo, Phil Oreskovich, Keith Ballard
Mason Raymond, Jeff Tamballini, Mikael Samuelson, Tanner Glass, Chris Tanev
Aaron Rome, Dan Hamhuis
Ryan Kesler, Andrew Alberts, Jannik Hansen

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these signatures as I want to make a "map" of the signatures for my own record down the road.

Now to the story. It starts by saying that my dad is doing something called the Ride to Conquer Cancer with 4 other of his co-workers. In order to do this bike ride that includes over 260 km from Vancouver to Seattle you have to raise $2,500 a person. My father and his co-workers did a huge dinner and dance that included a silent auction, 50/50, and a raffle for a Canucks signed jersey. The funny thing is that my dad was the man who got the jersey signed by the entire team through our Canucks connection. When my dad brought the jersey home I wanted it SOOOO badly. We only got this jersey from our connection because it was a good cause for charity, but that didn't mean I couldn't try and win the raffle myself! So when I got there I laid down 100 bucks and got my precious 10 raffle tickets. When 10:30 rolled around it was time for the draw and my sister was the one pulling the ticket. The number was read, and I won! I was in shock! What a beautiful jersey, I bowed to the crowd and they went wild! I had at least 40 people I didn't even know come and congratulate me after because they saw the shear happiness on my face. You could not wipe the smile off my face if you tried. My dad got the jersey, my sister drew the ticket, and I won! What a night!

All in all, the jersey alone raised $3,000 and the entire night raised over $10,000! Definitely a night I won't forget soon! I can truly say I have a team signed jersey of the 2010-11 President Trophy winners - Vancouver Canucks! What can only make this better is if we win the Stanley Cup, one can only hope.

GO NUCKS GO!

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING piece!! Congrats!! I'm really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous...just one thing...did Cory Schneider or Maxim Lapierre sign it as well???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous
    I included what I thought were each players sigs in the post but I believe I got one of them wrong
    I think the one in the middle that I said was Bieksa is actually Max Lapierre and unfortunately no Schneids
    But hey I'm not complaining

    ReplyDelete