Sunday, May 22, 2011

PACK RIP: 2007-08 BTP (Goalie Project) + Redemption Points

Before I was able to tear into my box of Between the Pipes a few days ago, I had to wait about 5 hours until my dad got home with the package just sitting in front of me. It was torture! Fortunately, my seller included an extra pack of 2007-08 Between the Pipes for the prior confusion. So for about 30 seconds I was able to be distracted away from the unopened box. The pack included 5 cards (1 of which was a redemption of "He Shoots-He Saves" thingy) the other four were all base.


It was nice getting a recognizable name in the bunch. Tuukkkkaaaa


The other base card was a Great of the Game card. It also happened to be a former Canuck, and that just so happens to be what I'm looking for. So this inspired another Goalie Project post featuring Mr. Felix Potvin.



Potvin was never a goalie I deliberately collected or even pulled from packs. I got most of these cards from big Canucks lots off the Bay. Eventually my Potvin collection turned into a beast with countless base cards. Above are a couple scans of base cards of "The Cat". The first are ones of him in Vancouver, the bottom are ones from various other teams.


Yup, that's the touchdown, the home run, the hat trick. In "Goalie Project" terms that means I've completed this goalie. Three for three. Above are a couple of Felix' rookie cards from his time in T.O.

Alex Auld - 3/3 COMPLETE! 26 TOTAL
Murray Bannerman - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Martin Brochu
Richard Brodeur - 1/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Gary Bromley
Bruce Bullock
Sean Burke
Frank Caprice
Jacques Caron
Dan Cloutier
Ed Dyck
Ken Ellacott
Bob Essensa
Mike Fountain
Troy Gamble - 2/2 COMPLETE! 21 TOTAL
George Gardner
John Garrett - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Glen Hanlon
Johan Hedberg - 2/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Rick Heinz
Corey Hirsch
Charlie Hodge
Arturs Irbe
Jason LaBarbera - 2/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Ken Lockett
Roberto Luongo - 3/3 COMPLETE! 38 TOTAL
Drew MacIntyre - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Cesare Maniago - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Bob Mason
Dave McClelland
Steve McKichan
Kirk McLean
Rob McVicar - 1/1 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Alfie Michaud
Tyler Moss
Mika Noronen - 2/3 COMPLETE! 5 TOTAL
Maxime Ouellet
FĂ©lix Potvin - 3/3 COMPLETE! 25 TOTAL
Andrew Raycroft - 1/3 COMPLETE! 6 TOTAL
Curt Ridley
Dany Sabourin - 2/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Curtis Sanford - 3/3 COMPLETE! 6 TOTAL
Cory Schneider - 1/2 COMPLETE! 7 TOTAL
Corey Schwab
Petr Skudra - 3/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Gary Smith
Garth Snow
Kevin Weekes
Steve Weeks
Kay Whitmore
Dunc Wilson - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Wendell Young

That was easy. But what is next is not so easy. I've decided to go for the "He Shoots-He Saves" redemption program from 2010-11 BTP. I need 200 of these bad boys:


From my one box I've collected 16 of them. I've scoped out eBay and found a couple auctions that I will go in on soon enough. Anyways, before I go off to what is the vicious circle of eBay I was wondering one thing. The back of the card states once you collect 200 and ship them off, ITG will ship back one of 30 cards numbered to /20. My question is, what if after you send them in, it's recognized that no cards are left? I've never done any redemptions before so you know better than me. Any which way, if you have the points above and if you don't want them anymore or want to trade them away - let me know!

Lastly, WE ARE ONE WIN AWAY! Yes, me and my buddies went to red robins to watch the game and it was great. There's nothing like winning off of 3 consecutive 2 man advantages. Anyways, I'm hoping the Canucks can push through Tuesday and get her done! 

With that being said...

GO NUCKS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment