Saturday, September 10, 2011

What Does 25 Bucks Getcha? (Part 1)

Yet another new segment here on C4K. This one involves eBay and a 25 dollar pre-paid credit card. Let me explain. We had some visitors come up here to beautiful BC from beautiful Oregon. As a kind gesture for opening our home up to them they gave me a gift (along with the rest of the family). I was fortunate enough to score a 25 dollar pre-paid Visa card. I knew exactly what I was gonna do with it! Right away I signed myself up for eBay joined Paypal and off I went. So what does 25 bucks get ya? Let's see.

First I set out a mental plan. My strategy was to go for cheap "Buy It Now" auctions, grab cards in lots instead of singles, and most importantly free shipping! I'm currently making my final purchase with my last few dollars left but have only received one of my many packages coming my way.

Without further a due my first card is...


1978-79 OPC Curt Ridley (#302)

This was a very important card to add to my Goalie Project. Card isn't in terrible shape (trust me there are worse coming) but I'm not one to really care on old cards and old cards only. Here Curt is sporting the original Nucks gear, but from the logo in the top left corner it looks like this was the year they were switching over to the spaghetti bowl flying skate logo and the classic flying V front (nah I'm just kidding I love those old jerseys).

So after this first eBay purchase this is what's left on my card:

(1.00) Paypal membership
(0.99 + Free Shipping) 1978-79 OPC Curt Ridley (#302)
______________________________________________

$23.01

And here is where my first Ridley card lands me on my goalie project. The end is so close and I still have so many cards to show!

Alex Auld - 3/3 COMPLETE! 26 TOTAL
Murray Bannerman - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Martin Brochu - 3/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Richard Brodeur - 1/3 COMPLETE! 11 TOTAL (1 EVENT-USED, 1 AUTO)
Gary Bromley
Bruce Bullock
Sean Burke - 1/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Frank Caprice
Jacques Caron
Dan Cloutier - 3/3 COMPLETE! 30 TOTAL
Ed Dyck
Ken Ellacott
Bob Essensa - 3/3 COMPLETE! 14 TOTAL
Mike Fountain - 3/3 COMPLETE! 11 TOTAL
Troy Gamble - 2/2 COMPLETE! 21 TOTAL
George Gardner
John Garrett - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Glen Hanlon
Johan Hedberg - 3/3 COMPLETE! 7 TOTAL
Rick Heinz
Corey Hirsch - 1/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL (1 AUTO)
Charlie Hodge
Arturs Irbe - 1/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Jason LaBarbera - 2/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Ken Lockett
Roberto Luongo - 3/3 COMPLETE! 43 TOTAL (1 JERSEY)
Drew MacIntyre - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Cesare Maniago - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Bob Mason
Dave McClelland
Steve McKichan
Kirk McLean - 1/3 COMPLETE! 3 TOTAL (1 AUTO)
Rob McVicar - 1/1 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Alfie Michaud
Tyler Moss
Mika Noronen - 3/3 COMPLETE! 6 TOTAL
Maxime Ouellet - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
FĂ©lix Potvin - 3/3 COMPLETE! 30 TOTAL (1 AUTO)
Andrew Raycroft - 1/3 COMPLETE! 7 TOTAL
Curt Ridley - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Dany Sabourin - 2/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Curtis Sanford - 3/3 COMPLETE! 7 TOTAL
Cory Schneider - 1/2 COMPLETE! 8 TOTAL
Corey Schwab - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Petr Skudra - 3/3 COMPLETE! 4 TOTAL
Gary Smith
Garth Snow - 2/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL (1 AUTO)
Kevin Weekes - 2/3 COMPLETE! 2 TOTAL
Steve Weeks
Kay Whitmore - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Dunc Wilson - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL
Wendell Young - 1/3 COMPLETE! 1 TOTAL


GO NUCKS GO!

4 comments:

  1. Why did you have to pay a buck for Paypal membership? Was it because of the Visa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a bit odd when I saw the one dollar charge, it must be because of the Visa...I just roll with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! I don't have any 78-79 OPC's myself, only Topps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they refund that $1, or at least they should. They take it to make sure the card is legit.

    ReplyDelete